Thursday, August 19, 2010

What should I do now? I have a third-class degree in Recreation Management and I'm a teaching assistant.?

I want a career with prospects. I'm more academic than my current degree suggests. I can attain a good grade in a subject I enjoy, as I am more mature and knowledgeable than when I took my degree. I like English, Languages, Sociology, Social History, Sports, Media, Computers, Design...

What should I do now? I have a third-class degree in Recreation Management and I'm a teaching assistant.?
Hmm - you like quite a lot of different stuff there.


The question you have to ask is 'what are you best at?'. If you are particularly good at languages for example go down that route.


Once you have worked out what to do -next question is - how to go about achieving it?


All assuming you need further education - what about studying for another degree? you might have to pay for it, but - in the UK there is something called the 'Open University' where you study part time from home and I think you can pay in instalments.


Alternatively - you could try some voluntary work in the area you are interested in and gain experience - you are then more likely to get a job you are interested in at a later date.
Reply:go into social work or mental health or counseling.


No comments:

Post a Comment